Documents mentioned in NMA's newsletter and other items of interest:
- Petition to amend specific sections of the Food Safety and Inspection Services (FSIS) Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations -- December 30, 1999.
- AMICUS CURIAE BRIEF filed on behalf of Supreme Beef Processors by NMA and other trade associations -- December 10, 1999.
- "Faulty Standards Receive Legal Challenge," the Full Summary Statement by Rosemary Mucklow, NMA Executive Director -- December 6, 1999
- The Salmonella Saga by NMA Executive Director Rosemary Mucklow, including letter to FSIS Administrator of Tom Billy and the FSIS on the "Seasonal Analysis of Salmonella in Ground Beef" -- November 29, 1999.
- Letter to FSIS Administrator Tom Billy regarding the Samonella Performance Standard -- September 27, 1999
- NMA Fax Alert: "FSIS Listeria monocytogenes Notice: analysis by Olsson, Frank & Weeda" -- August 4, 1999.
- NMA Fax Alert: "ACT NOW TO OPPOSE MANDATORY REPORTING LEGISLATION" July 29, 1999.
- NMA comments on Listeria monocytogenes Contamination of Ready-to-Eat Product July 22, 1999.
- Listeria Fax Alert written after teleconference meeting with FSIS regarding HACCP re-assessment for L. monocytogenes June 21, 1999
- List of ten questions presented to FSIS Administrator Tom Billy regarding HACCP re-assessment for Listeria monocytogenes June 21, 1999
- Summary Statement Presented by Rosemary Mucklow, Executive Director National Meat Association Before the Committee on Agriculture and Forestry United States Senate May 26, 1999
- Guidelines for Developing Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Environmental Sampling/Testing Recommendations (ESTRs) in Ready to Eat (RTE) Products in PDF format April 19, 1999.
- NMA Executive Director Rosemary Mucklow's letter to Ag. Secretary Dan Glickman concerning his response to a recent quote in Food Chemical News January 31, 1999.
- NMA Fax Alert: HACCP Implementation in Medium-sized plants January 25, 1999.
- NMA Fax Alert: New FSIS standards for E. coli O157:H7, industry unity secures 60 day delay Janury 21, 1999.
- NMA Fax Alerts: New FSIS standards for E. coli O157:H7, adulteration of beef products January 15, 1999.
Return to main files page